Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 14 - Karta Burnu Hut

After a relaxed morning watching the wildlife and waiting for our clothes to dry we were off. 

The track today was a real mix with some stunning bush, lots of tough riding and one absolutely AWESOME downhill run that went for about 2.5km along a creek. Wished we had a Gopro.

Just before lunch at Green Island  (nice camp ground for future Kombi adventure ) we reached the halfway point of the Bibbleman track.  The two tracks did cross and meet a few times on this section. 

After lunch we didn't have far to go but we knew it was the challenging  bit. The forest fairies were not looking after us today, instead bombarding us with forest litter and leaving all their broken bush in our way. "Come On! "

We were just pushing around some switchbacks when suddenly my phone rings. Thought I was delirious. Had to stop and answer it. ...thank god I can now catch my breath in amongst the cammo gums. 

We came to the last climb. 80mtrs up over a couple of kays. The track looked like a tornado had been through. There was shit all over the place. Switchbacks no one could cycle up, and just as we  (especially me )were about to through the bikes off the mountain. .....

Just in the nick of time. ...I was starting to call this hut some pretty nasty names. ..those who know me can rightly guess. ...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment