Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 13 - Up The Hill to Donnelly Mill



Leaving Nannup was uphill for about 15kms. Not too many super hills  (we're now using Vernon rd as our bench mark ) but a steady gradient about double the one from Jarrahwood. 
                               

Some great scenery, lots of lazy cows and excited horses, and one strange bus stop for hobbits.

Luckily Will had stopped in at the bakery before we left town and picked up some buns (which we had to order yesterday? ??) and a sneaky surprise. ..donuts. 

Just what you need after a big hill. 
We had some pretty good down hill runs,  one nearly brought me undone. ...Phew my sphinkter was tweaking...I started fishtailing so badly,  left, right, left, right.  I don't know how I didn't fall.  After, I checked my speedo. It said I got to 52km/hr....that would of hurt. 

We made it to Willow Brook  (about half way ) and had a nice rest and some lunch. Fresh rolls with ham and tomato. 

Then onward, upward and over the hills, through the bush...

Along the track. ...

And up some more hills to Donnelly Mill. Another place I didn't know about. It is cool. 
                            

Lots of friendly locals. ....and some scary ones. 

We stayed in the bunkhouse which is the old Primary School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment