Friday 25 March 2016

Kombi update, Dual Battery System Installed.

Kombi Dual Battery 24/03/16.
By Will.

I've arrived home with new motivation, to get Dixie our Kombi completed as quickly as possible. The job has been dragging on way to long.
We have accumulated 80% to 90% of the required parts, so time to get them installed !


Just before Jenny & my Nullarbor Cycling Adventure I ordered a Dual Battery Kit, DT90 Kombi Kit from Traxide in Queensland. Tim was very helpful, but through some very unusual circumstances the part ended up in Norseman WA. Jenny & I picked up the kit off our friends Barry & Nicole during our return trip last December.




I'm not of an Auto Sparky, but willing to have a crack.

So after a little bit of mucking around & some effort I fitted Dixie Van up with some new "In House Power". It was reasonably easy and took me a couple of hours.

Ah I'm smiling, things must be progressing well, Jenny even helped swinging a spanner.

Dual Battery install nearly completed, just some wiring to tidy up, then the moment of truth. Will Dixie Van crank over & not explode ??? First time matey's, yippee. Everything is working as it's suppose to...

Next job, do a dry run fitting in the new Cabinets we had built & shipped over from Tony at Kombi Cabinets, Gold Coast Queensland. Plus more wiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment